is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization made up of the nation’s leading experts on social insurance. Its mission is to advance solutions to challenges facing the nation by increasing public understanding of how social insurance contributes to economic security.
- How the Unemployment Insurance system is failing workers of color
- Reflecting on the Academy’s commitment to the Movement for Black Lives
- Pandemic highlights disparities across states, injuries vs. illnesses
- Focusing efforts on reducing costs of COVID-19 for those least able to bear them
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Social Security's Financing and Benefits
Election to membership in the National Academy of Social Insurance is considered one of the highest honors that can be accorded to a social insurance professional. Academy membership recognizes those who have made distinguished and continuing achievements in the field. You must be a current Academy member to visit this area of the website.
- Nominate a new member
- Update your contact information or bio
- Pay dues or make a donation
Strengthening Minnesota’s Care Infrastructure: Pathways to Universal Family Care
July 14, 2020 | 12:00 - 1:30 CDT
2020 Robert M. Ball Award: Campaign for Social Insurance
June - September 2020
We offer a select number of nationally-competitive paid internships for students studying for — or interested in — careers in social insurance policy.
The Academy bestows the prestigious Heinz Dissertation Writing Award.